YOUTH COORDINATOR – TRANSITION TO WORK
Mackay – Bowen – Proserpine – Cannonvale
IDEAL Placements is a leading Not for Profit organisation whose goal is assisting people to gain employment, skills training, work experience and career planning. We deliver employment support services from five sites across Central Queensland and have a strong presence in the sector as we work closely with industry to deliver quality pre-employment training and community employment projects.
IDEAL Placements have just been announced as the only successful provider for the Governments Transition to Work program in the Mackay region. This has created an opportunity for our team and we are now looking to recruit multiple Youth Coordinators that will help the young members of our community to gain employment across our region.
If you are looking for a rewarding role where you can make a difference in your community, this may be the position you are looking for.
We are seeking dynamic and hands-on Youth Coordinators who will provide professional case management assessment and recruitment services to young people and prepare them for employment. You will deliver individual coaching, small group sessions and training to meet their personal needs.
About the Role
As a team member your responsibilities will include:
- Applying a person centered case management approach, involving the young person in all goal setting and decision making processes.
- Monitor participant involvements and maintain regular contact though on and off site servicing
- Facilitate training, coaching and job applications guidance sessions
- Build links with employers, industry and work experience providers
- Evaluate the capacity of participant and develop practical strategies to overcome barriers to employment or education
- Engage a wide range of community partners including schools, Centrelink, allied health services, youth and community services, training providers and other possible sources of participant referrals including Job Active Service Providers
- Deliver ongoing post-placement support in the workplace to both employer and participant
If you have a passion to help others but are still business minded we would love to hear from you if you have or feel you could provide as below:
- Have a demonstrated background working with youth and understand the typical vocational and non-vocational barriers young people face
- Proven success in managing education, employment and social challenges faced by young people
- Relate well to all kinds of people and can build constructive and effective relationships
- Can be counted on to achieve and exceed goals – results driven and comfortable working within established KPI’s
- Strong demonstrated experience in running group learning information and training sessions
- History of maintaining strong networking links with industry links including employers and other community organisations
- Have or ability to gain current police clearance and working with children blue card
Why join us?
By joining us you will be part of a team who works with a focus on others at all times. As a member of the team you will also gain access to:
- Attractive base salary
- Company phone, iPad/laptop
- As a registered Not for Profit Organisation in addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous salary sacrifice benefits
Closing Date: 19 March 2016
IDEAL Placements is an equal opportunity employer and encourages young people to apply for this position. To apply, please send your resume and a covering letter demonstrating your achievement in a similar role to firstname.lastname@example.org